Monday, July 6, 2009

She Better Be Something Special...

...because Lily's big brother is quite the riot! You all know he has some classic one-liners! On Saturday, though, he put the whole story together. I was absolutely dying! I was hanging stuff up in Lily's room when Jakob beckoned me to the living room for "choir practice." Peculiar. I walked into the living room to find all of Jakob's favorite 'friends' lined up on the (and I quote) "risers." He told me it was time to rehearse. "Sit down, tall back, Mommy." Then he positioned himself in his chair, (I don't know where this came from since no one sits for a second in the choir room, but oh well...he's probably the smart one!) and counted off the group. "a-one, a-two, a-one, two, three, four! This little light of mine! I'm gonna--- STOP! That's MY part guys!" I lost it! Then, I got in trouble for laughing during 'hearsal.' Figures! This sort of action continued for a few minutes when he brought Donald Duck to me on the couch, and I kid you not, this is exactly what he said. "Donald can't sing. He needs some private time, Mommy. Donald, come back when you sing better." Rehearsal was over for the day.

This was the stretching part of the warm up, I suppose! (I don't plan on incorporating this into our rehearsals...don't worry!)

6 comments:

The Thomas Train said...

Oh!! So sweet!!! Bryndan has really begun to sing around the house, and it is really interesting which songs he sings at certain times....

Mike and Emily said...

I am loving this!! And have oh so much fun tomorrow when you get to meet your sweet Lily. I'm giddy for you so I can only imagine how you feel!

ashley said...

YOU ARE HAVING A BABY TOMORROW!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
seriously, so excited for you guys and your new family of four...

Unknown said...

That's a funny boy and by the time you are reading this he will seem like a giant monster of a child beside your little Lily!

Becky said...

I think someone has been paying attention in choir rehearsal! Jakob is quite the entertaining child - I know just reading about him entertains me! :) And Lily will be something special, of course!

Anonymous said...

This last pic of Jakob needs to be saved for yearbook blackmail later on!