Wednesday, July 8, 2009

24 Hours of Bliss

Wow. So long anxiety, hello bliss! We have had the most wonderful day with our family. Jakob could NOT be more precious, kind, loving, excited, and helpful. He has been such a joy to watch! Yesterday as Jared came down the hall from the OR heading to the nursery, Jakob yelled, "MY Lily Hope!" He hasn't stopped saying that since! All of these pictures have wonderful stories, but I'm going to save on the details tonight and get some rest. Here is a quick update, though...Jakob had an accident free potty day today! Atta boy! I cannot say enough to my parents and brother for their taking up the Jakob circus this week. That will be another blog unto itself! Lily has been an absolute angel today. We are still so shocked at how tiny she is...perfectly petite! She is nursing fabulously, filling diapers wonderfully, and sleeping peacefully! Jared and I are SO enjoying our time alone here in the hospital. 'Romantic' walks around the maternity floor, late night jello dates...you know, the good stuff! We are trying to savor every moment we have before life slaps us in the face again. I am recovering really well...sore, but good. We have had such a great time with our friends coming by for short, perfectly timed visits and look forward to seeing Jared's family tomorrow evening when they return from fetching Meredith after her return from Uruguay. I'll fill in the details on these pictures later, but for tonight...enjoy! We certainly are!

Yeah...it is just a little too big for our tiny little head! She'll get in it, though! Of this you can be certain!

Jakob singing the Veggie Tales Theme Song to Lily. You can hear the action on my brother's Facebook page...

Hope you're all having a great, blessed week. Squeeze your family and friends...I cannot wait to tell all about how so many of you have stunned us with love this week. Good night, all!


6 comments:

Damon and Erin said...

I just showed Cayden and Avery the pictures and they were so excited to finally see baby Lily! Avery got really excited when she saw the big flower on her head! Can't wait to see you today! Love you!

Vicki said...

BEAUTIFUL addition to your family! Congrats!

ashley said...

oh she is just perfect! LOVE the hats. no bow or flower is too big in my book!

Jennifer Moore said...

You have no idea how badly this makes me want a little girl!! Gotta love those drugged-up C-section pics of mama, huh! LOL She's absolutely gorgeous, Carla. Your family is so sweet. Congratulations!

Emily said...

Those romantic walks and jello dates become so much more precious when you know what to expect when you get home, don't they?! I'm glad y'all are doing so well. We'll come see you sometime in the next few weeks, I don't think Lily's ready for a hospital visit with our boys!

Kandra said...

She is so beautiful YAY! I can't wait until I go see her and YOU I haven't seent ya'll since the last day o' school. =)