Monday, July 13, 2009

Lily's Big Day

Today is a big day for Lily! She got to/is going to get to meet some very special people in our lives! She had her first appointment with....drum roll please....DR. LIZ!!! I could just slap myself because I forgot to take their picture together! I even had my camera in the diaper bag, and Liz had this great top on today...it would have been hot! :-) The good news is that a medical professional agreed with us that she is perfect! Her jaundice looks better, (we're still waiting on the numbers) she is pooping and peeing like a champ, and best of all...she is only 2 ounces short of her birth weight! Woo Hoo! She lost down to 5 pounds 11 ounces by Friday in the hospital, and she weighed 6 pounds, 2 ounces today! SO glad to hear and see that her eating every two hours is paying off! Tonight, Lily is getting to meet "Anna's mom," (as Jakob calls her) Ashley! Ashley is one of my favorite people on the planet...we share the same hatred for phone conversations and love of all things electronic communication! She is my facebooking/texting counterpart! She is also an AMAZING photographer who is shooting my sweet Lily tonight. I canNOT wait to see how Ashley sees Lily through the lens of her camera. I am probably having a super hormonal moment right now, but I am so overwhelmed at how God has placed such precious people in our lives at this time. I am so proud that these people in Jakob's and Lily's lives are more than just acquaintances...they are dear and faithful friends to our family. I am busting with excitement about tonight and feeling more than just a little blessed. THANK YOU LIZ AND ASHLEY!!! LOVE Y'ALL!!!

Since I didn't get a picture today (I really could just kick myself!) I thought I'd give you some from our last morning at the hospital.
Lily is so small and petite when she curls her long skinny legs up, she totally fits under her 12x12 lovie blanket. It melted our hearts!




Lily is so much smaller than I expected that NONE of the clothes I brought to the hospital as possible coming home outfits fit. I knew that they would probably be a little big, but they were ridiculous...falling off of her in all directions! Nana to the rescue! She went out on Thursday and found more than one beautiful option for us. This is the dress we decided on...baby pink with smocking and embroidered flowers at the neckline. I LOVE IT. Lily's feet are unlike anything we have ever seen. They certainly don't belong to Jared or me. They are long...LONG...with toes that could totally pass as other newborns' fingers. Crazy! Anyhow, finding socks for this sweet child has been insane. Today, I tied ribbon around her ankles (loosely, of course!) to hold them on! Mom, again, found these beautiful booties that worked perfectly! Seriously, what would we do without our moms? Can I be this super hero for Lily someday!?

2 comments:

Kassie said...

Gotta love baby girls with long feet! Haha! I think I might know a thing or two about that!

Ashley said...

HA! you totally wrote this before i came over and i didn't see it... no WONDER the hits on my blog went up so much! i check on a relatively addictive basis... a little narcissistic i think. makes me wanna go check it again... you're too sweet by the way. :)