Thursday, July 2, 2009

He'll Grow Out of It...Right?!

Potty training...not done yet...he's not telling us when he needs to go...still counting on at least one poopy pair of underwear per day...but still with our heads up! He does so great if I just take him every now and then, and I have no doubt that it will...it will...just click one day. We see signs of him getting closer to that light bulb moment, and hopefully his regression won't be too terrible when Lily gets here. We'll see. Anyway...since he isn't telling us when he needs to go yet, we have decided that battling the 'when to stand up vs. when to sit down' fight is just not wise right now. I know there are differing opinions on this, but until I feel like he won't poop by accident while standing up, I'm not going there! He'll get it one day! I digress. So, we haven't been having that conversation. By osmosis (meaning: by watching daddy go) Jakob decided last night to go standing up. Jared took him to the potty last night. Here is the scene: Jared and Jakob in the bathroom. Me, on the couch. (where else would I be?!) Jared begins making over-the-top, silent arm gestures for me to come quickly with the camera to the bathroom. This is what I saw. I give you Jakob's interpretation of standing to pee.

Please pardon the condition of our bathroom...I'm waiting on my mom to get here and clean it! (Just kidding, mom...well, sort of!)

5 comments:

Whitney said...

hahaha! I laughed out loud when I saw these pictures. LOVE IT!

ashley said...

too funny! you can't blame him for trying!

Ashley said...

Awesome!!!!!

Damon said...

We just laughed out loud!!!

Emily said...

He pees like Phillip does!!! I thought we had the weirdest kid on the block, but now I know there are at least 2! Congratulations on making progress!