Wednesday, July 22, 2009

2 Whole Weeks!

I feel as though I haven't really written anything since sweet Lily was born! Shame on me! She turned 2 weeks old yesterday, and since this blog is mostly a way for us to hold on to memories, I'm including some crazy kinds of things in this and future posts...please don't feel obligated to read! :-) When we left the hospital, Lily weighed a hefty 5 pounds 11 ounces.

At her 2 week check-up yesterday, she had grown half an inch to 20 and 1/4 inches long and had gained to 7 pounds! Woohoo, Lily! Jakob weighed 7 pounds exactly when he was born, so I have been holding her a little extra tightly today, knowing that from here on out, the days of my small baby are done. Weird. I know.

Lily is an extraordinarily great baby. She is eating every three hours (roughly) and has never had an issue latching on. It is truly amazing how much less stressful breast feeding has been this time around since one of us kind of knew what we were doing! I am able to enjoy her at this stage much more so than I did with Jakob because I am not freaking out...I mean really freaking out...at every little thing. I feel much more in control. Ready. Not lost. She is pretty angelic, if you ask anyone around here.

UPDATE! It was pointed out to me by those who love me most, I think ;-), that I look as though I have enormous legs in this picture. I assure you that although my legs aren't small, the hot pink bulges in this photo are the boppy. Maybe I can use this picture though as a before and after for losing baby weight! Mmmmm....I may be on to something! Ha!

We are trying so hard to think of all of the similarities and differences between her and Jakob when he was at this stage. It is funny all of the things that I totally forgot from when he was a baby! Some things, though, are coming back when we see her do things. Priceless. That in it's entirety will be another post, but my favorite thing Lily has reminded me of is the way Jakob yawned. It wasn't the yawn in and of itself. It was the all-out fit that he threw after he yawned! It was almost as if he hurt himself while extending his bottom jaw! Funny now. Freaky then!

Jakob is with my parents this week in Oklahoma living the good life! I am really missing my sweet boy tonight. This picture is of him as we left for the hospital two Tuesdays ago. He fell asleep 2 hours early that day as he and I were reading a book on the couch. It was probably better for me that I didn't have to kiss him goodbye that day as I was an emotional basket case. Shocker. I know. He may not be a potty training champion (details and requests for advice to come on that subject!) but he is one special, precious little boy. I am one very proud and blessed momma. Short story of the last two weeks: sleep, eat, poo. Repeat at will. Love, cuddle, stare. Repeat and soak up at will. I am praying God touches my memory in a way that I didn't know to ask for when Jakob was this small.

5 comments:

Ashley said...

she already looks SO different!

Ashley said...

oh, and i did NO touchups on that girl after her pictures! she came that way. :)

Sara said...

Hello Mommy,
How I long to be there and kiss that baby. It is hard to believe that you are a Mommy again and I sit here even now listening to my own angel "Ma,ma,ma.." instead of sleep like she should be doing. I can hardly believe we have never met the pride and joys of each others lives, just thinking back to how inseperable we used to be. I miss you more than words can say. Much love from Houston. Sara

Anonymous said...

I am still laughing. Thanks for the pick me up.

Damon and Erin said...

I laughed out loud about the boppy (your legs) comment!!!

OK really...she has the most precious, perfect and beautiful little face of any baby I have ever seen!!! (Yes, even more than my own 2 precious babies)