Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Rosa's Gone Bad...

Okay, so I freely admit that I have a MAJOR problem with caring far too much about others' opinions of me. Hello. My name is Carla, and I am a people-pleaser...galore. I cannot stand it when I think I have hurt someone's feelings unintentionally. I 'interpret' looks of others far too often and read into what I'm sure they're thinking. Long story short, our small group, whom I love so deeply, met for a casual dinner tonight at Rosa's. Taco Tuesday night. Cheap, good food. Seriously, all of Lubbock County finds their nearest Rosa's and goes to town on a taco plate. It was a rough day before dinner ever began. I have chosen to cut my private studio by one third and this week marks the first lesson I have had with my students since they have been notified of their 'fate' in the studio. Today wasn't fun. So, we go to dinner with the rest of world and sit our children at a booth directly across from our table. They were kids. They were a bit loud. They were kids. They tried to have a puppet show over the back of the booth. They were kids. Did I mention...okay you get it. Remember, the ENTIRE city of Lubbock seems to be at 50th and Indiana. Its loud. Everywhere. The adjoining booth to our children, though, seems to be filled with the one family in all of West Texas that thought it would be a good idea to have a nice, quiet dinner at Rosa's ON TACO TUESDAY NIGHT!!! After a good 20 minutes of watching the grandmother-figure turn to glare at our children and then glare at us, my blood pressure sky rocketed, and I turned to my husband at the brink of tears and let him know we were leaving. I am so embarrassed that I let that woman's look, whether it meant what I thought or not, effect me so severely. Jared and I were in the middle of such a fun conversation with Chas and Erin, and I ended the evening so abruptly. (If our home were cleaner, guys, I so would have begged you to come back over and watch American Idol...but there is an 'experiment' growing in the kitchen sink!) So, I guess this is my ranting/apology to my precious small group. But, SERIOUSLY! If you are looking to have a family dinner filled with substance, don't go to Rosa's on Tuesday night...or at least don't sit in a connective booth with my son! He's TWO for crying out loud!!! On that note, good night. Happy reality TV night!

5 comments:

Ashley said...

just think of it this way, she's not the "fun" grandma according to her grandchildren. ;)

Kara said...

okay while eating at a mexican place last night, i took my oldest child crying loudly to the bathroom for a spanking, while cory took our middle child crying loudly to the car at the end...it can always get worse :) sometimes I worry about it but i can't stand to be cooped up in the house all the time just because my boys aren't angels! people can just get over it...if they don't that is their problem!

The Thomas Train said...

ah yes....but has your son flung an entire spoonful of ice cream across the room and had it land on a unsuspecting person's back? that will increase your heart rate just a bit...

Shalie said...

Don't worry...I'm the mega people-pleaser too. Just one strange look is all it takes. :)

Anonymous said...

You should give a why my life is great blog and put all your lovely students in there! It may help?