Wednesday, March 11, 2009

My Husband, the Superstar!

Well, if this is really the Hardy Party, then I must take a moment to brag on our fearless leader, Jared. Today was UIL Contest and Sightreading Contest for our high school choirs. Jared took 2 of our 3 choirs today: Sub-Nonvarsity Mixed Choir and Nonvarsity Women's Choir. They both got sweepstakes awards! Hooray! Our top group, who Mr. Brown conducts, also received straight ones. Long story short, our program continues to set itself apart, both in individual and collective accolades. Jared never ceases to amaze me on these days. I could NOT do this. Give me one-on-one instruction. Jared, on the other hand, seems to bring the best out of every single student on the risers and prepare them to be really great. This year, I had the privilege of accompanying him, so I got to share the stage as he led his kids. It was the best seat in the house. He is so encouraging, yet demanding. He teaches them to expect nothing but the best from themselves, and they don't. He is truly a brilliant musician with ears that defy my brain! He so quickly and efficiently hears their problems and fixes them precisely...I am still trying to figure out what measure they're reading! We are so truly blessed in our positions at Frenship, but may I say that Frenship is truly blessed to have my husband. I watched my sweet boyfriend of 8 years smile like a little boy at the success of others today. I love him with every fiber of my being, and I am so proud and honored to share his name. Okay, I think I'm going to go have a date now! Have a great night!

1 comments:

Damon and Erin said...

So proud of BOTH of you for all you did yesterday!! You guys are amazing with those students...they are so blessed to have you! Love you both so much...