Saturday, March 28, 2009

A New Day!

Well, first of all, I have several updates from my late-night ranting last night! First, Jared went down this morning to pay for the wood we 'borrowed' from the college guys and to buy some more from them for tonight. He's SO much more honest than I am...I considered their wood just payment for all of the times their huge Rottweilers have come to have diarrhea in our bushes! I digress. Jared, wonderful as ever, kept a fire roaring all night long and saved the day!!! This picture is from just a bit ago. See?! Not too bad for your first home-ownership fire, right?!
Now about Jakob. After I got off of the computer, we called the on-call number and spoke to the second most wonderful doctor ever...second, of course, to our Dr. Wiz. (Jakob totally says her name correctly 9 times out of 10 now, but I just like the way Wiz falls from the tongue!) The on-call doctor was patient, thorough, and reassuring. Jakob had, in fact, had an adverse reaction to the penicillin. Thankfully, he never had any breathing problems, just a crazy looking rash from the tip of his head to the bottom of his feet, literally! His poor face look like we had painted him like a clown...red face with a white oval around his lips! Today, it's funny. Last night, not so much! So, we Benadryled, Tylenoled, and slept really pretty well at our indoor/outdoor slumber party! The BEST part of the whole thing happened this morning! I had planning on called Liz this morning and just double checking everything I had learned last night, especially the new prescription. But, before I could, SHE CALLED US!!! Blogs do work miracles! So funny! She had checked the blog this morning and called us...I cannot stop smiling about that! Jakob even talked with her on the phone. He is now reminding us that he talked to 'bootiful Dr. Liz.' He saw Liz's bridal portraits and quickly let me know that HIS Dr. Liz was 'bootiful.' Too funny! So, back to the pharmacy we go today. We are so thankful, however, that we are going for just another antibiotic and nothing more serious! Thank you to the on-call doctor from last night! You made me feel non-dumb and very safe! But you know, all in all...it was a really fun night that we will repeat for years to come...without the broken heater and adverse drug reaction!

1 comments:

Kara said...

Good to know Jakob is better, I have been praying since I read your blog. Stay warm by the fire!