Sunday, February 1, 2009

Praying for Poopy-less Pipes

Weird title, I know. Just thought I'd let you in on the inner workings of the Hardy house lately. When we bought this house, we knew that the bathtubs drained slowly and figured that we were dealing with slow, older drains. However, over the last week, things have gone from suspicious to downright FRUSTRATING AND GROSS! Jared and I are notorious for putting things off for far too long. I suppose this is one of those times, but with good reason...I think. This has been a crazy busy week, filled with all kinds of things to get ready for contest yesterday. As our toilets began to overflow in the early parts of the week and our washer wouldn't drain and backed up in the latter part of the week, we decided that we would wait until Monday to call someone. We made a plan to not run water simultaneously, wait for a while after the shower to flush, and hold off from doing laundry until after the weekend. Good plans, right? Wrong. We got up this morning to water pooled in our garage at the washer...I don't mean a puddle. I mean an entire 5x8 rug was soaking wet, with water pooling under your feet. Neither of our toilets would flush even though nothing had been run all night long. So, we went to church, hoping that things would drain a bit while we were gone, as has been the habit of our plumbing over the past week. So, after returning from church, we found that the water had not subsided. This has not happened before. So, we went to the clean out, as we have done all week, just checking. It had blown the top off and there is all kinds of, ummm, stuff, let's say, on our lawn. You must be freaking kidding me. (Sorry if that sounds crude, but seriously.) So, it was at that moment, we decided to pay the extra money for someone to come out on an emergency call this afternoon. The problem? NO PLUMBER WILL WORK ON SUPER BOWL SUNDAY! Seriously, that is what we heard from several men. Give me a dad-gum break. So, it is with a frustrated, floating spirit that I warn all of you who live near to me: We may be at your house very soon! Here's hoping that the plumber of choice has a great Super Bowl party tonight, because tomorrow...HE'S MINE!!!

3 comments:

Damon and Erin said...

I wish you would have called me!! We would have LOVED for you guys to have come over to escape your plumbing problems...Love you! You better call next time!

Erin said...

oh mercy... so sorry friend :)

The Thomas Train said...

My goodness girl. I have been thinking about/praying for you a lot lately. This last month for you seems kind of like my end of the year. Hopefully the worst is over. Are you going to start coming back to Monday night Bible Study? We would love to have you!!!!