Monday, February 2, 2009

Glory be to God on High!

This fall, one of the all state pieces was 'Gloria,' and the words went something like this:

Glory be to God on high.
Who launched the sunlight, loosed the rain.
Who scattered stars across the sky.
Who piled the mountains, rolled the plains.
Who filled the rivers and the seas.
Oh, glory be! Oh glory be!
Well, this is my version after the dear, precious, God-sent plumber came this morning at 8:30:
Glory be to plumber guy!
Who snaked the clean-out, cleared the drain!
Who scattered poo across my yard!
Who pulled the clogs out, fin-al-ly!
Who filled my toilets up with pee.
Oh, glory be! Oh, glory be!
I never knew just how much I loved the sound a toilet makes as the bowl empties! I'm actually excited to do laundry today! Thank you, plumber guy!!!

2 comments:

ashley said...

It's the little things in life, like toilets flushing and a poo free yard that we often take for granted.

Becky said...

I am sorry for your plumbing woes, but it sure makes for entertaining posts. I have been laughing out loud and I really needed it - bless you!