Monday, February 16, 2009

TMEA

Well, I won't go into the process, because God only knows how much I've talked about All-State on this blog! But I thought I would post my sweet babies who were chosen to perform this week in San Antonio. This year's audition process started in July with over 14,000 students singing for just under 500 chairs in the All-State Choir. We are so blessed at Frenship to have students who have really caught the competitive music 'bug' and continue to rise to the occasion each and every time! We set our goal last year to significantly increase our students at the final audition in January, and we did...in fact, our kids doubled. Out of 14 Tigers at that audition, 7 placed in the choir: 4 as alternates, and 3 as singers. What a splendid week to watch their lives change. All three of our students who sang this year are pursuing a career in music, and two of them are auditioning at Wayland next month. They make me so proud to send them to my alma mater, proud to a part of their lives. These are special kids, each with their own story...but they are singing their way through life, and I am honored to be in their audience.

DeNisha - All-State Women's Choir 2009

Kandra - All-State Women's Choir 2008 & 2009

Kashif - All-State Men's Choir 2009

These are my people...they make my day!

0 comments: