Wednesday, February 25, 2009

ITS A GIRL!!!

I find it funny that you look for two little lines to tell you you're pregnant and three little white lines to tell you its a girl! We saw those little lines this afternoon and couldn't be more excited for our new precious baby! The picture at the top isn't from today, unfortunately. Our sweet girl wasn't into her public today and didn't want to give us her profile. So, while we got some great shots of feet, arms, legs, lips, and such, there isn't a really good picture for everyone to recognize! December's picture will have to do! Her name is Lily Hope Hardy. It has been decided for quite some time. Our due date for this sweet girl is July 14...4 years to the day since we lost our first baby. What a God thing, right? I would have never guessed on July 14, 2005 that I would someday rejoice in that date...ever. But, here we are! I have written before about that experience in great detail, (click HERE) but I will give you the abbreviated version of the special meanings of her name. Our dearest friends in that time, Damon and Erin, had suffered the loss of two babies when we miscarried. Erin sent me lilies with promises of God's sweet mercies. My mom planted those lilies at their home (I can't keep plants alive, and they were too precious to kill!) and those bulbs opened last summer for the first time...on July 14. I'm not kidding. Precious signs. During our miscarriage, Jared and I claimed the verse Romans 5:5 (in the right column). So, after we put it all together, we just felt so peaceful about the name Lily Hope Hardy if, in fact, we had a girl. So, there it all is. We are so excited, but not nearly as excited as one big brother...Jakob Mark. He has told us for weeks that he will NOT have a baby brother. God has a neat way of working things out, right?! Hope you've all had a great day...filled with little reminders that God's mercies are new EVERY morning and they NEVER fail.

19 comments:

Kassie said...

It is awesome when God allows us to step back and see the way he has worked out part of his grand plan for us. It is then that we can bask in his sovereignty..

Ashley said...

YYYYEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!! i've seriously been checking all afternoon to see if you've posted ANYTHING on ANY of the sites you "manage". HA! Congratulations! Goodbye boys names!

Ashley said...

man, i thought i'd be first.

Ashley said...

and my comment wasn't NEAR as good as kassie's.

Ashley said...

and now i'll just comment again.

Anonymous said...

What an awesome story!!!! I'm so excited for you and Jared!

Anonymous said...

just letting you know, this baby girl is going to be the luckiest little girl in the world. Not only will she have an amazing,sometimes spastic, older brother, but she will have a loving and caring father, and a mother that some people would kill for. You and Jared have blessed my life so much and have been a big part in shaping me into what i have become over the past two years of my high school experience. There is no one else that i would rather quote movies with, cry with, play games with, sing till i burst with, invite to my birthday party, and most of all, use as my role model. You will be one of my memories that i carry with me for the rest of my life. You and your precious family. Jared, the big teddy bear. Jaka Hardy, the best friend a girl can have. And someday soon, Lily Hope, who will be one great kid, if she can grow up with you three. I love your baby, i love that she is such a God send, and i am proud of what she stands for. I love you Carla.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to the entire family! I love the name! Hope to someday see you all! We'll have to plan it! Love to you all! Vicki

Anonymous said...

congrats!!! that is a beautiful name.

The Thomas Train said...

Yippee!! One of each is lots of fun!!!! Bryndan loves his little sister, and Kaitlyn thinks he is the best thing ever. It is fun to watch him protect her one minute and then push her over the next.

Congratulations!!

Erin said...

Praise God! We can't wait to meet and get to know miss Lily!

Whitney said...

I am so excited for you guys :] I can't wait to meet little Lily Hope (which by the way is pretty much the CUTEST name I have ever heard)!

Love you guys.

Mandy said...

Congratulations!! When I saw your dad at church this evening I think he was actually glowing, like I could see the shine around him. I am so excited for your family.

Shalie said...

Congratulations! I read your blog yesterday and have had you on my mind (and have checked back several times for the news), and then had a dream last night that you were having a girl! Very strange! I am so happy for you, and love the name. It is beautiful.

Damon and Erin said...

Thanks a lot Carla...I had just put on makeup and you made me cry it all off reading your blog about precious Lily Hope. I realized last night looking around the living room how 3 1/2 years ago you and I both were childless and look at us now! God has been so good to us..."our hope endures"

Mike and Emily said...

fun fun fun!!! Congrats on the little sweet girl!!

The Nolands said...

Carla I am so excited for you and Jared. You guys are so amazing and I don't think I have told you how much you touch my life. Aaron and I have been so blessed by you and Jared and we feel incomplete not getting to spend time with you once a week. We are so excited about your baby girl!

Valencias said...

Congratulations! That is so amazing.

Kara said...

I found you from your comment to Ashley, and I wanted to say #1 - congrats on your baby girl and #2 - you have the best parents! They minister to me every time I see them and I love them for that! Next time you are in Woodward we must get together because Jakob is right n the lineup of my boys and they would have a blast!