Saturday, January 31, 2009

Zippidy Doo Dah!

Zippidy Ay! Today was Solo and Ensemble contest, and praise the Lord, its over!!! I have not ever gone into this contest filled with apathy like I did today! But in true form, our students rose above my fatigue and just did GREAT! We had 21 students qualify for State Solo and Ensemble in May. Yee Haw! So, while I am very proud of them, I more excited about the next 6 weeks. I DON'T HAVE TO TEACH A LESSON FOR 6 WEEKS!!! During that time, I get a professional 'vacation' with Jared to San Antonio and a trip to New York. Its gonna be a great break. You all know how much I LOVE my job and my students, but I am SO excited to be able to be at home with my family in time for dinner each night...let's be honest, I'll be home by 4:30 with time for a nap! So, hopefully, I'll have time to hook up my camera now and finally upload those Christmas pictures! Happy Super Bowl weekend, all! Go Cardinals!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the 21 students. Have a great time in San Antonio and New York. I'd love to be in SA to hear your all-state students!
Vicki