Sunday, September 7, 2008

Thankful.

I just re-read my post yesterday, and while it was a really ironic and different sort of day, I whined...a lot. When Jakob begins to whine, I tell him to turn his 'whine button' into the 'off' position. So, here are things that I am truly thankful for tonight...with my whine button in the off position...

  • the sound of Jakob's feet running across the new floors
  • the look on the face of a student with a 'breakthrough' to a high F
  • great friends to cook for tomorrow
  • football season
  • pumpkins and acorns
  • noticing Jared is staring at me like we were still in college
  • talking with my mom for a ridiculous amount of time
  • red tags on clothing
  • Abreva
  • iTunes, DVR, and internet
  • Cranium with friends and family (you should hear my father-in-law hum Like a Virgin!)
  • watching and waiting for God to continue to amaze and astound...far greater than I deserve
  • leading praise and worship with my husband...singing to the Throne together
  • listening to Jakob sing anything from Jesus Loves Me to Fruit Salad
  • hearing Jakob say 'Amen' after repeating the end of each sentence in our prayers
  • my bed...I am heading there now

There is a lot of real hurt surrounding people extremely close and just acquainted to me...probably to all of us. Tonight, I am trying to remember that our God is El Shaddai, all sufficient. I am certainly thankful for that...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

is the high f student me?

jarcarhar said...

You and Taylor this week!