Saturday, September 27, 2008

Sweet Felysha

Last night, one of Jared's and my students passed away in a car accident just down from our home. She lived down the street from us and was a senior in our program. Felysha was in our top group for three years and was working on her pharmacy technician license this year while finishing high school. Felysha was a very special young woman. If the Lord brings this to your mind at anytime over the next days, please lift up the Villa family in your prayers. Also, please remember our students' who loved her so dearly as this is an unimaginable thing for anyone, especially in high school.

These pictures are from Celebration in May. Felysha is in the middle and was absolutely hilarious dancing in the sixties number. I think she caught Kashif's wig...that's an odd statement! Anyway, to give you an idea of what a priceless, precious person she was, I showed up to our performance on Friday night with a big, chunky black necklace on. Felysha saw that I didn't have a matching bracelet and gave me the three that she was wearing on her arm and insisted that I keep them for 'next time.' These will now be irreplaceable pieces in my jewelry box...treasures in my heart. There are great kids in this world...just look for them. Felysha was certainly one of the best.

1 comments:

Whitney said...

Felysha was a sweetheart. She will be greatly missed.