Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Moving into the stadium...

Well, I mentioned in a previous post that we LOVE football around here. We have been at a football game three of the last five nights. A bit overboard, I know! Friday night was our first home Tiger game. Jared has to be at the field early to prepare for his pregame stuff now. So, Jakob and I did alone this week. He was SUPER excited about going to see 'de boys' play that night. I did not take into account, however, that it might not be as easy as 1, 2, 3 getting myself, Jakob, and enough stuff to last us through the winter season up the stadium bleachers. After the flood of 2008 in Lubbock on Thursday, it was humid...really humid. So, I packed up rain coats (just in case), food for Jakob, stadium seats, diapers, wipes, 2 juice cups, an iPod filled with Wow Wow Wubbzy podcasts, and a portable radio so I could listen to Jared...oh yeah, and my 30 pound son. I thought, nay hoped, that he would hold my hand and walk from the car to our seats. Umm, not so much. He was fine for, oh, about 100 feet. Then, the drums began to play as we walked across the parking lot. Jakob vapor-locked. He began to climb my leg saying, "De drums eat Jakob!" So, I had to hoist my son onto my hip along with all the other junk, ask the ticket person (thankfully I knew her) to take the tickets from my pockets since I had no free hand, and pray to God that He would seriously give my puny muscles strength as I climbed the bleachers to our very nice, but very high, seats! Once we got there, however, Jakob ROCKED! He had such a great time! He was the best football date, other than Jared, of course! Right after we got situated, and by situated I mean that I got my breath back and dried my armpits from the humid sweat that had overtaken me, there was a HUGE hit right in front of us. Jakob looked at me with my favorite Jakob face and said in his lowest voice, "Whoa, Mommy! That was a BIG tiger!" Priceless! By the way, you can hear Jared every Friday night on 105.3 ...he really does do a great job. On Saturday, we went to Jakob's first Texas Tech game...another big hit! Thankfully, Jared was there also, so I didn't have to carry anything but the diaper bag! Hooray for hunky husbands! Here are some pictures from the day! Thank you, also, to Lauren and Tyson who helped me so much on Friday night with Jakob! We had such a great time with you guys on Saturday also!Jakob with Tyson and Lauren at the Tech game.

Get your guns up! Jakob's fingers don't quite cooperate yet!

Tickle me! I'm a Red Raider! Cutest fan of all 53,300 in attendance!
Jakob was a pretty tired guy! It was a late, but incredibly fun, night! Raiders won BIG!

3 comments:

Whitney said...

I didn't know ya'll were at the Tech game!!! I was one of those thousands of crazy students in the student section that yelled at the refs during some of the ridiculous calls =] I was actually on the 2nd row right behind all of the people with painted bodies. I had to get there at 4 to get those seats...I don't believe I will be doing that again. I hope ya'll had a great time. Maybe I will see you at this Friday's football game =]
Love you!

bbw789 said...

Ha! Did he keep his fingers in his ears the whole time???

Becky said...

Well.... looks like you all had a good time, even if it had to be at a Red Raider game :)