Thursday, July 3, 2008

Ahhh...Domestication!

The last few days around here have been great fun to watch! I am hoping to figure out how to post a video (I need a firewire, I think) to let all you see just how much fun the last few days have been! Jakob has fully come into his imagination, and let me tell you, it is hilarious! It was so surprising when he just stayed in his room after his nap and played. I could hear him talking in different voices: one for Donald Duck, Elmo, Cookie Monster, and some random dog! SO funny! He is all of a sudden way into cooking. He will take these plastic foods that I bought over a year ago in the Target dollar spot (could there be a better place on earth?!) and make meals for everyone. He insists that you must make noises to show just how much you are enjoying his burger, hot dog, oatmeal, or combination of the three! This morning, I was folding his laundry and he came into the living room and said, "I help, Mommy!" So, not wanting to stifle the spirit of domestic help, (I plan to have him doing all of the cleaning by age 5!) I gave him a stack of pajamas and asked him to put them in his pj bucket. He did it! They aren't folded anymore, but who cares! Thank God for the good that comes with the bad of turning two! Hooray responsibility!

0 comments: