Wednesday, July 23, 2008

seriously...

Today, Jakob and I went to playgroup at the church where he acted a bit strange...didn't play with anyone, very whiney, kinda clingy...strange. But, he did play hard by himself and was very tired when we started home. He fell asleep on the way home...a sure-fire sign that it is going to be a good afternoon! I had lessons today and was counting on him sleeping through at least the first two. He usually sleeps through the first three to four lessons of my afternoon, so that wasn't an unrealistic expectation. Well, not so much! Jakob slept for maybe 15 minutes, and then I heard him moaning on the floor behind his door. He was so tired and was just screaming, not literally, for a nap. But, I had a student, so it wasn't the time to prove a point or fight him for something I would never win. So, thankfully, he played in his room really well. He didn't interrupt more than necessary. It was a great afternoon! Then I went back to his room...



He hasn't touched the toys in that box in months, and today he decided that he needed to skip his nap and dig for toy treasure at the very bottom! He has a rude awakening awaiting him before bedtime tonight when we pick up his room! No false advertising here...we are definitely 2!

0 comments: