Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Two steps forward...three puddles on the floor!

Okay, so I am home and so happy to be back with both of my boys for the first time in just under two weeks! Hooray! Jared and I cleaned house yesterday...or at least the parts of the house that can't be closed off by a door! We had some friends over last night and had a great time! So, after a fantastic time with my kids last week at TCU and a fabulous day with my family yesterday, this day was starting out great, no matter what! Well, it got even better! I know, I am highly blessed among women...just wait, the ball drops in a bit! Jakob followed me to the bathroom and celebrated that mommy had t.t.ed (I have no earthly idea how to correctly type that word.) Then he asked if he could read his books. We have a goup of books that he can only read if he is sitting on his potty. We are just trying to help him get over the fear of the potty...nothing hard core here! So, we are reading on the potty when ALLELUIA! Jakob went t.t.!!!!! I calmly celebrated on the outside so as not to totally freak him out, while my insides were screaming and planning what I would do with the extra money each month I would save on diapers...I know, I am such a great planner! Ha! Well, since that moment this morning, he has peed THREE TIMES!!!! ...once on the kitchen floor, once on the living room floor, and once on his floor. Then, we removed our third pair of big boy underwear and reintroduced our Cookie Monster diaper. So, here's to determination...and my new wood floor that will be installed by the end of the summer! Just wipe it up...it may revolutionize our potty training efforts!

0 comments: