Wednesday, July 23, 2008

My Prince Charming...

Jared and I have been married just over 6 years. They haven't all been fairy tales and goosebumps, but they have been extremely blessed. This morning as I am working around our home, I am a bit overwhelmed by my husband's great love for me...thought I would brag a bit. I have alluded to a very rough spot in our marriage roughly two years ago. I hesitate to ever share all of the gorey details because some things serve no purpose under heaven except to bring glory to satan. I do want to share those things, though, that bring an awful lot of glory to our Father for our current situation. Two years ago, Jared and I realized and had to face our severe issues with finances, debt, and passivity. We had a six-week old baby and an unspoken gap between the two of us and the Lord. After much prayer and Godly counsel, we began the incredibly difficult battle of crawling back...back out of debt and back to one another. We have had very hard-fought battles with creditors, the IRS (grrrr...my blood pressure goes up just thinking of those 'dear' people), and each other, but we are the other side! When we met our problems face-to-face, my sweet husband went out and found ways to add to our monthly income...especially during our summers off from school. Jared has been a bi-vocational minister, an ad salesman for local radio, and a car salesman. He is the hardest working person I have every known...seriously. Car sales is not a glorious job and is certainly thankless as people assume the worst of you before you have even introduced yourself. However, Jared has chosen to spend each of his last three summers-off selling cars with the profits going to pay off debt and improve our home. I hold down the fort here at home and teach lessons during the summers to keep our year-round studio going. Its a team effort for sure, but Jared certainly puts in the massive amounts of sweat-equity during the summer. We have been able to pay off over 3/4 of our debt, purchase our first home, and enjoy some very fun times as a family. We will, in fact, be revolving debt-free next August. Praise God! This week is Jared's last week of this summer. I could not be more ready to have my husband back as the hours of a car salesman are long and completely unlike what we are used to during the school year. I am just a bit overwhelmed this morning at what an incredible man I have the honor of calling my husband. The Bible speaks of the foolish man who built his house on the sand...insert Jared and Carla Hardy circa 2006. The great thing about our God is that He is in the moving business...from sandy soil to solid ground.

The top picture is of Jared at Southern Hills, PGA Championship for our 5th Anniversary trip to see Tiger Woods play. The second is at Thanksgiving at my parents'...how I love him.

0 comments: