Wednesday, July 16, 2008

What a time to not have my camera!

Okay...so, I am in Fort Worth with my kids. What a day it has been. My last post was all uplifting, hopeful, and 'shmooshy.' NOT TONIGHT!!! I woke up this morning at 5 sick as a dad-gum dog...nauseated, stuck to a toilet, (my mom will be so embarrassed that I typed that!) and pale as all get out. I felt horrible...never mind the fact that I was leaving on a road trip where I was the navigational leader of our little caravan and driving a boat of a Suburban into the Metroplex with other people's children! Okay, so Jared bought be a bottle of Pepto, and I drank nearly the whole thing before I got to Snyder. I felt great! Hooray! We obviously made it safely, and our kids are doing great. If you have known me for very long, you know that All-State season ties me in knots and stresses the dog out of me. My top nine, though, are here and learning so much that will make it easier for all of us! I am so thankful for them and for our school district making this possible for them. Okay, so the other vocal coach and I arrived at our 'hotel' this afternoon. Its a Days Inn, and I chose it because it is only a mile from campus. We will be going to all of the sessions to observe and learn ourselves, so proximity was key. Days Inn, not the Ritz Carlton, but not Roach Motel either, right? Well, sort of. It is not nice. There is no other way to say it...but the best part is my room decor. I wish I had my camera to show you just what I mean. But here goes the descriptive version...2 double beds, black and khaki diamond patterned bed skirts, 'contemporary' yet southwestern coordinating comforters. Not bad, right? Okay, now let's look up...TO THE MICKEY MOUSE SPORTS THEMED WALLPAPER BORDER!!! I could not make this stuff up. It is red, blue, and yellow with stars, balls, rackets, bats, and running shoes. You have got to be kidding me...Thank you ladies and gentlemen, I'll be here all week...

4 comments:

Whitney said...

Oh goodness Carla. I am so sorry. My poor brothers are just a LITTLE freaked out according to their text messages. I hear they are a little scared to go to sleep at night? HAHA. Poor boys. Well I hope you enjoy the wonderful wallpaper....
No but really I hope the trip ends up being worth the strange hotel and the 85% population of boys that don't quite act like....boys.

Shalie said...

Carla I am loving reading your blog! Jakob is adorable, and your posts are priceless. The Mickey Mouse wallpaper at the Days Inn has to be the funniest thing I've heard in a while! What were they thinking?! I'm so glad that you are doing well, and I just wanted you to know that I have enjoyed your posts and will keep reading. Have a great week, and hopefully camp will go smooth from here on out! Shalie

Mandy said...

Your posts are to funny, especially the ones about Jakob (he is adorable), and as the mother of three boys, I will tell you that you have so much more adventure in your future with the little man! I just think they grow up so fast!

Becky said...

Now you must remember - some decorators think you cannot go wrong with Disney! Probably someone from my generation and they did it right after they graduated from college :D