Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Little Bit Crazy!


I am stealing away to leave a quick post and some pictures in the middle of a CRAZY day! I am leaving at 6 in the morning with nine of my top singers and taking them to TCU All-State camp. I am driving...insert doom and despair music HERE! AHAHAHAH!!! I hate driving with a passion...not to mention that I will be responsible for the safety of others' children. Prayers sent along I-20 will be greatly appreciated! I just returned last night from Oklahoma. My parents are keeping Jakob for the week since Jared is busy selling cars and his parents are heading to Isabelle's birthday weekend (Jakob's cousin). I was able to spend a few days with mom and dad. Their house is always relaxing since mom takes such good care of me. She always makes exactly what we want to eat, shops with me at Walls Discount Center (you HAVE to go if you've never been!) for endless hours, and just loves on me. I love going home more than anything. Last year, God blessed my insanely hard-working parents with a home that is out of this world! My dad has worked so hard his entire life, and I am so proud for them! Anyway...here are some fun pictures with Jakob from their house...he would move in if we let him!


Jakob, the great explorer!



Jakob and Poppy walking back up from the creek




Well, that's one way to take a drink!


All-Boy...no doubt about it!



Objects in these binoculars are closer than they may appear!

Jakob and Bubba in Perryton


The pictures below are of a lily mom bought and planted three years ago at their other house in Oklahoma. On July 14, 2005, Jared and I lost our first baby and found ourselves on a slippery slope for the next two or so years. A precious friend in my life, Erin, sent me lilies during that awful loss and spoke of new life and hope. We claimed and stood on Romans 5:5, "And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out His love into our hearts." This was around the time the Natalie Grant released the song "Held" as well. Of course we were drawn to the message of the words, but especially part of the second verse. "This hand is bitterness. We want to taste it, let the hatred numb our sorrows. The wise hand opens slowly to lilies of the valley and tomorrow." It just seemed that lilies were the reoccurring object the Lord kept interjecting into our path. My mom subsequently planted this little lily. After they moved to this house, it was the first thing that she transplanted into her exquisite gardens. It hasn't bloomed, though, this year while her other lilies are just gorgeous. When we left for church on Sunday morning, July 14th by the way, this bloom had opened up. I have chills even typing it. This is the first year since then when Jared and I can say that we are on sturdy, solid ground growing together in the light of the Lord. It was as though God in his divine way allowed that small, but meaningful blossom to open on this third anniversary just to reassure that indeed 'hope will not disappoint us.' He is truly the mender of broken hearts, marriages, families, and lives. How great is this love the Father has lavished on us? I pray this refreshes your spirit as it uplifted ours this week. God truly is the greatest Author ever to write a love story.



4 comments:

Whitney said...

Wow. God is so good =] And what an amazing story you have to tell. I will be sending the prayers up for all of you going to choir camp. Watch after my little brothers for me :)
LOVE YOU!

Becky said...

Just wanted to tell you how wonderful we think your parents are, also. God truly blessed us when he moved them here to Woodward!

Ashley said...

the next assignment for you both is to tell your life story at small group. ...you're welcome. and to ditto lindsey..."Wow."

The Reeds said...

Thanks for sharing and linking back to this... Now I see how meaningful her name is... So happy for you.

many praises-
g