Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Sick and LOVING it!

Well...its been a week, to say the least. Just as our busy weekend was starting out, my body began to shut down. I made it through Saturday on pure adrenaline and guts. Saturday night at dinner, however, I knew that I was going downhill quickly. By the time I got to my bed, my tonsils were covered in white spots and my head weighed twice its original weight. By Sunday morning, fever, fever blisters, congestion, and just general yuckiness had taken up residence. So, my sweet husband left me in bed on Sunday morning where I stayed until Tuesday morning. I really don't know if I have been that completely floored in a very long time. I was done. I think my body just refused to take one more step. So, I am trying to listen to it sooner than later so as to not provoke it into hiatus again! In light of my illness, though, my mom and dad offered to take Jakob until Thanksgiving when they are coming back to our house! So, yesterday, we met them with the boy who wasn't having a hard time leaving us AT ALL! Since everyone is coming here for Thanksgiving, I am so grateful to have this week to get the house really cleaned and my body really rested. Date night every night! THANK YOU MOM AND DAD! I feel better already!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

This had nothing to do with this post, but I love your picture on your header! It cracks me up, being the mother of three boys I can truly appreciate the face Jacob is making! And I am glad you are feeling better! Maybe we will get to see Jakob while he is in Woodward.

Becky said...

I got to see your little man, he is adorable, but I don't know how excited he was having just left the church nursery. Hope you are feeling better!