Sunday, November 30, 2008

Diamond in the Rough

I am embarrassed at how long it has been since my last post. I know you have all just been waiting with baited breath to learn about what's going on in our life! I think I've just taken a vacation from life this last week. We had a GREAT week of thanksgiving, and I will post more later about all of that. Thought I would share, though, our little comedian's latest hijinks's. Earlier this week, Jakob and I were reading Aladdin, and Jakob was, surprisingly, paying very close attention. When we got to the page with the cave of wonders, Jakob said, "Dat tiger scares me!"

I assured him that he had no reason to be afraid. The cave of wonders would allow the Diamond in the Rough to enter. I tried to have a sweet conversation with Jakob about how he was a diamond in the rough, chosen by God without merit. It was lost on my sweet boy. He looked at me with the most serious face and said, "Mommy...I not a dimund in 'de ruf...I a Jakob in 'de Hardy!"