Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Two Steps Forward...

...fifteen thousand steps back! How's potty training going? Well, this time last week, I would have said, "Great! We're still having some accidents, and poop is a no-go, but really...we're doing great!" Fast forward to today...we're doing horribly. The last two days, he has refused to wear big-boy underwear and asked for a 'diaper.' We haven't ever called pull-ups diapers, and all of a sudden, he has figured out what they really are and that he would prefer to wear them. Yeah. I am currently trying to stay calm and non-frustrated as I feel time crunching down on me! When we started two weeks ago, I really felt certain he was going to have it down and done before Lily was born. (Yes, I was and am quite prepared for great regression when she arrives.) Now, though, who knows. I don't want these last two weeks before she is here to be spent in utter frustration and poor experiences. I want us (Jakob and me) to have a great time together. We'll see. I'm not giving up...I'm just going back to the drawing board. Any and all suggestions (with regard to the fact that I am so out of my mind tired right now...please be polite! :-)) are more than welcome! Here is Jakob helping Jared mow yesterday. Those aren't shadows on his inner thighs...soggy thighs and the negative effects from said event...yep, that pretty much sums up my week so far! :-)

3 comments:

Ashley said...

I never gave anna the option of pull-ups because they ARE diapers and I knew that it would encourage laziness from both me and her. So I didn't even buy any at all. It was a little under two weeks of helll for the both of us, but we got thru it. I know it's different for everyone and every kid, especially between girls and boys. But Deborah Thomas did the very same routine with both her son and daughter. And who knows? Jakob may decide to grow up fast after Lily comes along! ;) just remember that he won't go to kindergarden not potty trained. :) just do what works for you and what will keep you from going completely crazy.

Vicki said...

Read my blog posts from the last few days if you get a chance. Brooke turned 3 in April and we are still going through this....especially the poopy training. She is basically potty trained, with maybe one accident a week now (always when we are outside playing and she is afraid she will have to stay inside if she comes inside to potty), BUT poopy....well, if you read my post a couple of nights ago....I cleaned EIGHT pair of cotton panties in about 8 hours....not a good day. HA! Keep your head up and know they all seem to do it to us mommies.

Damon and Erin said...

He WILL get this... The word "never" came to my mind a lot with Cayden, but HE IS NOW!...after TONS of heartache and frustration. Jakob WILL get it! I promise, sweetie...keep doing what you are doing.