Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Lookin' For a Little (okay, a LOT) of HELP!!!

Three years and two months ago when I had Jakob, I swore that I would never forget a single detail. WRONG. I have forgotten so very much from that time in life. (Enough of that part. I'll be bawling in no time if I continue down that train of thought!) However, this week some things have slowly but surely started to come back to me. This morning Jared and I took Jakob on a tour of the hospital (with a tour guide, of course!) where we will be next week. I am so glad that we did it. When we first arrived, Jakob was expectantly shy and clingy. We could tell he was very unsure of the surroundings and where he would be leaving mommy. But, after about 15 minutes he was telling us he wanted his own hospital! I am hoping that his anxiety will be calmed next week at the hospital. MY anxiety, though? It grew by leaps and bounds today. I started packing a few things this week as they came out of the dryer in an attempt to keep this week as low-key as possible. As we were walking those halls today, I realized something: I DON'T REMEMBER WHAT I BROUGHT TO THE HOSPITAL! I DON'T REMEMBER WHAT I WISHED I WOULD HAVE HAD LAST TIME! HELP!!! Here is where you come in! Tell me what you took that was a huge help, what you wished you had in the hospital, or just the obvious things! Trust me, my mind is gone! There is no suggestion too obvious! I'm counting on YOU!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is amazing how quickly you forget. Here are a couple of things I remember that I want to remember next time (forgive me, it is somewhat random)...flip flops for the shower, razor, signs to put on the door (no visitors at this time, no cell phones, etc.), going home outfits for self and baby, bows for Lily's hair/head, camera batteries, cell phone charger.
Good luck...Can't wait to see pictures!
Stacy Miller

Ashley said...

i almost bought you something at Target today that you need in the hospital, but thought with you nesting mentality, that you'd have it covered. i can add to the list above and will go ahead and get what i was going to get this morning for you. ;)

Vicki said...

Your own shampoo, bodywash and my favorite LOTION. I am sure you have the going home outfit for the baby taken care of, but try to remember to pack something comfy for yourself....including shoes, which I had to send someone to get me. A comfy gown you can rest in when people come to see you in the hospital. It made me feel better and less worried about flashing my boss at the time. ;o) Good luck!

Damon and Erin said...

A couple of things to add to the things everyone else has put...comfy house shoes to walk the halls, toothbrush and toothpaste (I forgot those on both my trips to have my babies!), cameras and new batteries, a notebook with a "to call when Lily comes" list (my name better be close to the top! :) ) and also for a place to write down who comes to see you, so that you will know for later...those days will be a blur!, makeup (if you want it..you know me and my mascara!!)...that's all I can think of right now. I will keep brainstorming!

Mike and Emily said...

wow, people were way more prepared than I was. ha! I took comfy gouchos, comfy shirts, my own shampoo/conditioner, camera, mascara (even though I reapplied right before Bella was born it ALL came off right after she was born - so much for trying to look good). ha! So excited for you!

ashley said...

chapstick, a good nursing bra, hand lotion, hats for lily (or yourself if you don't feel like washing your hair) sign in page for visitors (or her baby book), munchies for your hubby, thank you gifts for the nurses

Kara Jeffers said...

Pillows....more than one and even one for Jarod. This time I put all of the people who wanted cell phone updates in a group on my cell phone so that we just had to send one text message. This time I also went to Burlington and got a really cute nursing gown which was very helpful. Good Luck.