Sunday, June 21, 2009

The Snoogle Bleeds

Today, although it was Father's Day, Jared let me have some time off! After church, I went to the mall to do some last minute shopping before I refuse to leave my home again while Jared and Jakob stayed home to nap and 'take a break' before we all went to the golf course this evening. Jakob had to nap in our room due to a sword fight incident that involved the ceiling fan and light bulb just before nap time. That's another story. Anyway, Jared thought that Jakob was out and went to the other room. However, Jakob was not out. He silently proceeded to go through my side table drawers and make himself at home. Among the things he found and explored were my ever-present Tums collection. I can't get a straight answer as to whether or not he ate any, but he's pooped since then and hasn't shown any crazy sign of delirium, so I'm guessing we're okay. The worst, though, was my red toenail polish. All things considered...you know, a three-year-old, unsupervised, red nail polish...the outcome could have been MUCH worse. However, now it looks as if the great Snoogle got cut...or worse! So, before we go to the hospital, I'm hoping to find a Snoogle pillowcase! He got in big trouble from his daddy. When I came home, Jakob said to me, "I'm sorry I hurt your Snoogle, mommy. I didn't know it would bleed. Please don't be sad at me." Truth be told...I kinda like the new polka dot look!



On a different note, Jakob is as funny as ever. As you all well know, we're in the throws of potty training. Today was a GREAT day...again, another story. Anyway, last night at bedtime, Jakob asked to talk to Lily. So in his own way, he lifted my shirt and said these words straight to my belly button: "Lily Hope, they don't let you wear diapers around here anymore." Truer words have never been uttered.

5 comments:

The Reeds said...

That diaper comment is hillarious!!

I say: splatterpaint the entire snoogle.. You know- like an 80's pair of stone washed denim... Hot pink, neon orange- go the full mile.

Those nurses will never forget you!

As a matter of fact, why not splatterpaint your belly?! What a memory you will make!

When the medical staff raises their eyebrows- say, "we were celebrating". with a straight face and turn away.

Hospital care- expensive
snoogle- Many bucks
The price of shocking your delivery team- priceless

jarcarhar said...

Georgia! I am laughing out loud...and having many devious thoughts! I completely agree with the splatter paint idea on the pillow. I mentioned that to Jared last night, and he seemed a bit reluctant. All I needed was some encouragement, and you gave it!!!

Oh, and by the way...I LOVE the coffee idea...and the Cake idea, of course! When is good for you?! What day are you in Lubbock this week?

Christi said...

Hello there! You have an adorable family.

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Enjoyed reading your blog tonight.....I love finding new blogs...Had a little time to blog hop tonight while waiting to go to the hospital and welcome a new grandson tomorrow. This month I am posting about our Disney trip, plus a great giveaway.

Becky said...

A three year old and nail polish - it really could have been much worse! You are brave with the potty training timing - since Miss Lily Hope will be here shortly. Oh well, your mom can take the baton and finish the job while you rest!