Monday, October 6, 2008

sol-mi-do

This weekend was our first All-State audition. We have three auditions total, but this one is the one that I really had my sights set on this year. I'll talk more of that later. My mom came to spend the week with us as she so graciously does anytime we have a crazy busy week with our 'other kids' so that Jakob doesn't have to move into the choir room with us! I cannot express how much I truly appreciate her doing this over and over again! Not only did she care for and entertain my sweet boy, she cleaned my house!!! I could die! Laundry, floors, dishes, toys...she will always by my mommy. I am forever in debt to her and in awe of her. Jakob had some great moments that she shared with us while we were off doing our day jobs! She brought with her a ton of new pajamas! Praise God! Jakob was still squeezing into the 18 month things! Anyway, they are great! She brought a pair of SpiderMan pjs that have 'webs' under the arms. They are like wings. He LOVED them! He slept in them Tuesday night and didn't take them off until Wednesday night after we literally peeled them off because he got refried beans all over them at dinner! That's right...Jakob ran all over Lubbock in SpiderMan pjs saying, "I Spider Man Jakob Hardy." Too funny! Here is Jakob and Nana this summer.


When Nana is here, one of Jakob's favorite things is to sleep in Nana's bed with her. On Friday night, as we were getting set for bed, my mom noticed that Jakob's feet were really dirty from running around barefoot all day long. She said in a joking voice, "You can't get in my bed with those dirty, black feet!" Jakob looked at his feet and said, "My feet not bwack...dey white. My friend Chief is bwack." Clarification...Kashif is one of our top students who is African American. I cracked up and was curious as to how he saw our other 'bwack' friends. So, I asked him what color Kandra was. Kandra is another of my private students who Jakob knows well. She is also African American and is much darker than Kashif. But, she always wears pink. Jakob informed me when asked, "Kandwa is pink." Then he began to name off other students...all caucasian in 'real' color. 'Bryce is yedow. Brokwee is red." He said it all so matter of factly. Then, it all made more sense when he started singing, Jesus loves the little children. All the children of the world. Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in His sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world! I was rolling and so did our kids when I told them!

On Saturday, while Jared and I were gone for so long, I wrote Jakob a note for mom to read to him. He held it all morning long close to his heart and continualy asked Nana to, "Read Mommy to me." It was precious! He knows our choir kids so well, so it really did make sense to him to know that we were singing with our big kids. At one point in the day, however, Jakob was asking for us and mom was reminding him of where we were and what we were doing. She said, "They are singing with the big kids. You know, 'La!La!La!'" Jakob crinkled his face at her and said, "No, Nana! Its 'Sol-Mi-Do!'" Jared and I could have died! He is warped...no doubt about it!

2 comments:

Vicki said...

Hey there!
I check your blog almost every day!
Love it.
can't wait to hear how the kids did Saturday! Email Me! Thought about you all day - even said a prayer!
Miss you all - especially Jakob!

rvgibbs@yahoo.com

Becky said...

You know your mom just hates to come to your house and take care of Jakob :) I liked seeing the picture of her and him together.