Monday, October 6, 2008

Too successful?

Well, I promised that I would report on our big day on Saturday, and here it is! We started this music in July and will continue in the process with those who move on each week until January with the All-State concert in February. Needless to say, this is a big undertaking! We started with 73 students at Frenship. This year, the music was incredibly difficult so I put new things in place to make certain that our kids were prepared. We ended up with 31 students going. Last year we had 13 students make the Region choir. This year, I was hoping and praying that we would have 15 students. Our Region put in a new guideline that I feared would hurt some of our kids. But, we worked incredibly hard to polish the music and went hoping for the best. In the end, 23 students from Frenship made the choir, more than our choral program has ever put in during its history! I could not be more proud, more tired, and more hurried at getting things together for the next round of music. Our next audition is November 14. We'll see! I hope that we will continue to expand on our success from last year when we sent 8 students on to the final audition. Needless to say, we are off to a good start! In the Hardy House, All-State season is like high school football...C-O-M-P-E-T-I-T-I-V-E! We eat it up! Here's hoping that we have a full plate!

0 comments: