Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Don't give up!

This is going to be incredibly random! Today was a frustrating day at school. I bragged a few weeks ago about my students, how well they did at our first audition. The problem is that they have been working on this music since July. They are tired. They are busy. They are high schoolers for crying out loud! The music is very difficult. The time frame is shorter. These are all of the things I heard today from my precious students. Here is what I felt like during one part of my day...I felt like I wanted this worse for my students than they do for themselves. Frustrating. I have some new ideas for tomorrow, though. Its a fresh day. A new start. My students will be fine. They will kick it into gear. The best part is that tonight, as I was laying with Jakob in bed, he looked up at me and said, "Don't give up, Mommy." Ah...thank you, God, for speaking to me through the still, small voice of my child. So, on with the fun, random stuff!
I hope this is the only time I have to see him 'assume the position!' He was so proud of himself for climbing up onto that part of his bed. He called it his 'trick!' Too funny!

I just love this! Last weekend, Jakob was really fighting a nap, so Daddy fixed it all in the recliner. Daddy was out a long time before Jakob was!

This is my brother, Brandon, and Jared during Red River Rivalry (it will always be the Red River Shootout in my heart!) weekend. We had a great time with Bubba until he got the stomach stuff! We will be gracious Sooner fans, though. We are just hoping for a Big 12 National Champion this year! Maybe Tech will have their chance again the Horns! We'll see! Have a great week!

0 comments: