Thursday, October 9, 2008

Potpourri

What a week! Last Thursday morning, Jakob threw up and had 'the other stuff.' We thought, nay hoped, it was just something he ate. He kind of moped around for the rest of the day and was fine by Friday afternoon. Tuesday of this week, however, we figured that it wasn't a food issue...it was a bug! I crawled out of bed Tuesday night lunging for the toilet. Yuck. I am feeling much better tonight, though. We are hoping and praying (your prayers are appreciated too!) that Jared doesn't get it and that Jakob doesn't get it again! Ah! Anyway, I thought some new, random pictures might be nice! My brother is coming in for UT vs OU this weekend. My mom tried to teach Jakob to say 'Hook 'em Horns' while she was here last week. I think we've almost ridden him of that awful tongue! We'll see, though! There should be great pictures from our weekend together! Hope you all have a great weekend!

Look how focused he is!

Jakob is turning into quite the artist! Thank goodness for old-school 'water-color' books from garage sales! Its painting for the paint-free household! I don't exactly know why we painted such a sad face...hmmm.

He is also incredibly interested in food. He has a TON of plastic food that he 'cooks' for us all of the time. He puts the plastic cookies on the piano bench and then scoots the bench under the keyboard calling it his oven! He will bend over to 'look into the oven' and check the food. He'll get it out with his winter glove from last year and bring to us saying, "Careful...its hot, mommy!" So, I decided to let him 'help' me make some brownies last weekend. He helped stir the mix and then spread it in the pan. Obviously, I need to get better at letting him do it since my hand is still in the fat middle of this picture! Oh, well...the brownies were awesome!

This is one of my favorite pictures ever. Gosh, I love these two goobers!

I apologize for the sad picture, but I wanted to give you a full image of what our home has been like over the last week. I mentioned two posts ago that my mom bought Jakob of ton of really great pj's, and that he wasn't taking them off. Well, from Spiderman to Batman on this day. He really didn't want me to take his picture which is why he has the awful face, but I just thought it was too priceless to leave out the full picture. Grey Converse and all...love it!

Jakob turned Daddy's chair into Jakob's chair tonight. Looks pretty comfy!

1 comments:

Meredith Arledge said...

We all got the bug too... blah :(