Sunday, January 25, 2009

Downhill?

Well, Liz came to the rescue again! Jared got in touch with her yesterday, where she was on-call at the hospital where, in fact, lots of toddlers were being checked in with this awful stuff! Fantastic! As of today, we are on the mend, I think! Last night he slept better until about 3, and then all hell broke loose. Sorry if that's crude, but there is no better word for it! Jakob couldn't open his eyes and panicked, absolutely panicked. He stumbled into our room freaking out, trying to pry his eyes open with his sweet little hands. It was horrible. After holding him down while I let the warm rag lay on his eyes to loosen the goo so I could wipe it away, we gave him yet more medicine on the 4 hour regimen of Motrin/Tylenol for the fever that just will NOT go away! Jakob eased up on the crying long enough to ask us to pray to Jesus. It melted my heart. I had either a sleep-deprived or pregnant moment and lost it. I sobbed like a fool in our bed as we asked Jesus to take away the eye boogers for good. Jakob has had a much better day, with only minor hiccups here and there. His fever has come back up tonight, but I'm hoping and praying that is just the toddler way! He has said some incredibly cute moments through all of this. During one of the dreading eye-wiping sagas, he looked up at me through tears and said, "You're sweet, mommy." Break my heart! Tonight, he asked if we could have ice cream for dinner, so we went straight to Baskin Robbins, sat in the corner, and enjoyed good ole waffle bowls and ice cream for dinner! Anyway, please keep him in your prayers if you've been praying for us. We have felt them and still cherish them. Good night, all!

1 comments:

Mike and Emily said...

Oh my goodness, I almost boo-hooed here in my office when I read this blog. As a mommy myself, I can only hear his sweet little requests...and girl, I would sob right along with you when asked to pray to Jesus. I had to eye gunk stuff too when I was a kid and ran around the house screaming that I was blind...poor parents! They had to hold me down too with a hot rag before I could see again!