Friday, January 16, 2009

Groundhog Day!

I know that Groundhog Day isn't until February, but it certainly feels like Bill Murray's Groundhog Day around here! I mentioned in my last post that one of students got sick in Abilene on Saturday morning. She learned that her dad had been sick the morning before. When we got Jakob home on Sunday, he acted great! Then, he woke up around 12:30 puking everywhere...it was absolutely disgusting. Jared and I cleaned it up in shifts, depending on whose stomach was strongest at the moment! We figured he had just eaten way too much that day because he had no fever, hadn't acted funny, and went right back to sleep. So, we were careful to wash our hands really well, and went back to sleep ourselves. Wednesday, Jared felt great until about 2:00. He called me at work to let me know he had just started throwing up. So, in true form, he was on the couch when I got home. Poor thing. He felt awful. I didn't feel great on Wednesday, but figured it was just pregnancy stuff. However, as the night went on, I began to wonder! Lo and behold, around 3 am, it was my turn. Seriously, this is ridiculous. We are generally a very well family, luckily skipping things like flu and stomach bugs that fly through the air! Not this year. Oh well. Jakob is CERTAINLY feeling better. Jared is doing well today, and I am going to put one foot in front of the other! Here's to a better day tomorrow.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

MAN! Can I do anything to help yall out?! I don't have the formula for a miracle drug, but I wish I did! Let me know if i can do anything!!!

Becky said...

That yucky stuff has been in Woodward also, it hit my kids, but seemed to miss Greg and me - we're probably too cantankerous for the germ to take. Glad you all are doing better!

Emily said...

SO sad to hear you're feeling poorly! I hope we're not next in line - Matt woke up sick this morning...

Try to have a great weekend!