Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Behind is my middle name!

Wow. I am behind on the blogging...way behind! I have great pictures to share with all of you from our most fun Christmas ever! However, I haven't unpacked yet from our trip, so I don't know where my camera is! That's right...the trip we returned from 2 weeks ago. I've decided to just let the suitcase sit until it is empty! Our Christmas decorations are also still decking our halls. I probably won't be bringing them down until after this weekend, at least! Who knows? It may be later! Our final audition in the All-State process is this weekend. We have 14 students in this final audition. They are all working so hard this week to put the final polish on their pieces. Scratch that. WE are working so hard! I have done roughly 30 lessons since Monday. I'm tired. I love it though. I love them, and I am so proud. Here's to hoping that they are incredibly successful! They are up against some incredibly tough competition. If you think about them on Saturday, pray for still nerves and strong voices!

Jakob has had a pretty funny vacation. He is continuing to say the absolute funniest things I have ever heard! Thought you might enjoy a couple of them! Over the holidays, Jakob began really coming into his fit-throwing stage. Yuck. So, I said, "Chill out!" probably several hundred times! The other day, Jakob was in the other room and heard me in the kitchen on the phone with Jared. I was re-telling a story that needed a certain tone, you know!? Jakob comes running into the kitchen and says very sternly, "Freeze down, Momma!" I lost it!

We have also started having bedtime issues with Jakob. He just doesn't want to stay there at night. So, two nights ago, Jared was in Jakob's room 'encouraging' him to stay in bed with the rod of discipline, if you know what I mean! I was in the living room when I heard Jakob say through sobs, "Daddy! Spankings is not what Christmas is all about!" Needless to say, that little disciplinary time was over! Good grief, he is funny!

1 comments:

ashley said...

how cute is he. wonder where he gets all that personality? I am so excited for you guys and baby numero dos! how exciting! how are you feeling?