Sunday, August 23, 2009

Ready or not...

...here it comes! School starts tomorrow, and I can hardly believe it! I think we're 'ready' as far as the 'stuff' of school is concerned, but we are certainly not ready as far as our motivation is concerned! We have had such a glorious summer with our family!


This weekend, my phone was stolen at Wal Mart on tax-free weekend after our eye appointment was cancelled....all in about an hour. SO, today I got the next best thing on the Sprint network to the iPhone...the Palm Pre. I have no idea if I like it yet as the Sprint network is down to Pre Activations until at least 8 pm tonight. There. I have complained. I am perturbed.

Okay, on to much happier and less crabby things! Jakob has had an interesting week. He has had some not-so-great moments, but has had some true-to-form Jakob moments also! We had some friends stay with us this weekend, and therefore, Jakob slept in our bed. During his nap on Friday on our bed, he found a RED SHARPIE in my office stuff. I didn't think. My sweet little artist in the making took FULL advantage of his private time with the dreaded marker. (What's more ridiculous is that this little occurrence happened AGAIN last night only with a water-based marker! We are about to outlaw markers from this house!) As frustrated as I was with the fact that he was covered from head to toe and my sheets were decorated in permanent marker, I had to take pictures!
Lily has just been trucking along, sweet as ever! She is smiling a lot now, especially in the mornings. This week at the school, she was an absolute angel...slept, ate, pooped, smiled. Perfect. She will be with me this year at school, everyday, just like Jakob has been since the very beginning. I am so blessed to have my job with this benefit, this gift. So, tomorrow we're off...Jared, Carla, Jakob, and now Lily...off to Frenship High School to have more glorious family time!

Jakob, Lily, and Daddy on Jakob's nap mat in my office. This picture was taken moments after Jakob picked up and carried Lily across the room...I know, not good. It was with permission, I assure you! I'm telling you! It was a crazy kind of week!

3 comments:

Shalie said...

I'm so glad that you get to keep the kids with you during the day and still do a job that you love. Talk about the best of both worlds! I hope that you have a wonderful first week of school!

Kassie said...

I see where we stand.. just nameless "friends" that stayed with you.. were we that bad?!? Hehe..

jarcarhar said...

NO! Kassie, I shall shout it from the rooftop! IT WAS OUR GREAT FRIENDS, JACOB, KASSIE, & LAKYN!!! :-)