Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Joy(?)Land

Our church has a Joyland night every year...I just learned this! It was not only Jakob and Lily's first trip to Joyland, it was mine too! I don't feel as badly as I thought I might, though, about living here for this long without going to our famed amusement park after hearing of all the people who have been here longer and were there for their first time! :-) It was a lot of fun and is super geared toward kids...other people's kids! Jakob panicked on the helicopter ride (goes in a circle), on the chariot ride (also, in a circle), and would only get on the carousel with Mr. Tom. Joyland has a ski lift that goes just above the trees for the length of the park. Jakob did agree to ride it with Jared, and then with me. As Jakob and I were riding (at the speed of a turtle!) the ski lift, I pointed out the little orange 'roller coaster' to him. This ride is the equivalent to riding in a car on a bumpy road...at best. I asked if he wanted to ride it, and this was his response, (while patting the safety lap bar) "No, mommy. This is my roller coaster." You gotta start somewhere, I suppose!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Joyland is wonderful! I am happy you went and it will be fun to watch Jakob and Lily grow up and venture to new rides each year!

Becky said...

You will never lack for entertainment! I love "Jakob Tales." Someday you may wish you had never heard of Joyland.

Len said...

That is awesome and a story to share as he gets older.

The Barnes Bunch said...

I think cautious is good. Enjoy it while you can! Connor used to be cautious, but is now becoming a lot more adventuresome and it makes me nervous! Loved your story!