Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Bit o' blueberries...bit 'o nostalgia!

Do you realize how many things I have NOT posted?! I don't even have Easter pictures up yet! Sheesh! Let's hope I get a LOT done during the month of June! Jared and I leave tomorrow for Austin with 19 of our students for State Solo & Ensemble Contest...my FAVORITE contest/trip of the year! Actually, I hate the contest...its tainted, but the trip is great! While the kids go to Schlitterbaun on Friday, our accompanist and I go shopping at the outlet malls in San Marcos!!! Hooray for miles and miles of discount clothing and goods!!! We already have our day mapped out...just in case I crater half way through the day and the humidity of south Texas! This year, though, since I'm like 4 and a half weeks from Lily Hope coming to say, or scream, hello, Jared and I are going separately so we can take our time and stop when needed. I am just now starting to get slightly uncomfortable...nothing bad at all, but not bus worthy! That is for sure!
Yesterday morning, Jakob and I made blueberry muffins together. We have started doing this every two weeks or so. He LOVES to pretend like he is cooking, so it seems like a natural fit. He did so well yesterday mixing, pouring, scooping...everything. Last night in bed, though, this was his prayer: "Hey, God? I make blueberry muffins today with Mommy. (Pause.) Yeah, we make them for You. (Pause. Looks at me) He says that made Him happy." Melted my heart...it made me happy too! (The picture above is NOT of our muffins, trust me.)

Two of my friends have done posts this last week about giving their sweet little ones baby food for the first time...thanks for the memories Ashley and Emily! So, with all these thoughts of food, past and present, I thought I would pull up Jakob's first tries with the spoon. I think he was better prepared for the moment than we were, truthfully! Who holds a spoon that way and kneels on the floor to feed their baby?! Good grief, I was clueless! But, look at those sweet fat rolls...one thing was for sure...he was a fat and happy breast baby until we had jar foods! Have a great weekend, everyone!!!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Hasn't your time with Jakob gone so fast - he is precious! I loved your post about your folks. They are such wonderful people. I feel so blessed that they moved to Oklahoma and are now part of our lives. And we're gonna have a blast on our cruise!

ashley said...

Love these! time flies...