Thursday, April 9, 2009

Nostalgia, Part 1

It is happening. I am becoming increasingly sentimental about no longer being a family of three. Tonight, Jakob asked to see baby Jakob pictures (not all that unusual), and we began going through old pictures on the computer. Then, it hit me. I didn't blog when he was a baby. I use this blog 9 times out of 10 to remember all of the things that he does and says! I don't have that for when he was a baby! So, I've decided for the next three months, I will post some occasional baby Jakob posts...just to make myself feel better! Here is our fat, happy baby at around 4 months old during a diaper change. I should have known then how crazy-active he would be!

Yep. He stole my heart from the very beginning. Tonight, as we were all three laying in his bed saying prayers, Jakob changed his nightly prayer 'routine.' Normally, this is Jakob's prayer: "God. Tank you for da girls." Seriously. That's it, every night. But tonight, it went a little more something like this: (Staring straight at the ceiling) Hey, God? Whatcha doin'? Oh! You playing wif Lily Hope? You take care of her 'til Jakob does? Okay. Sleep good, God." I like the new updated version!

The boy guarded his food from the moment he was born! He was one chunky-monkey!

Quite the content face after that pumped bottle!

I have simply had ENOUGH!

Our sweet baby boy at 10 days old. Jared's brother's wife, Rachel, owns a photography business and took these for us! It was such a fun day, and we could not have been more happy with what she captured! I could post thousands, but I'll spare you all! Check her out at http://www.trinityphotography.net/. Thank you, again, Rachel!

3 comments:

ashley said...

I love this post! Can't wait to see parts 2-30! So cute. See you in a bit.

Damon and Erin said...

You made me cry!! I love seeing those pictures...I remember how tiny he was the first time I saw him in the hospital and helped change his tiny diaper! What a precious little man he has become! He has such a sweet heart...oh, I love him! And I love his parents a little too!! :)

Rachel Hardy said...

Hey ya'll! Love the fort! And, thanks for the shout out on the baby pics! :) Take care!!!