Thursday, December 18, 2008

Mirror, Mirror on the Wall...

...whose is the ugliest of them all? There were lots of options at our 1st Annual Ugly Christmas Sweater Party last Friday! Our ABF traveled the long interstate to good 'ole Abernathy to celebrate at Jared and Kristin's house. We all brought our favorite Christmas tradition foods...well, some of us brought our favorite Christmas tradition foods! Ashley and I created new traditions according to what United and WalMart had to offer! Ashley came up with submarine sandwiches, and the Hardy's brought that traditional spinach-artichoke dip in a bread bowl. Yep. Ring in the holiday cheer! We had everything from homemade meatballs (Erin), a real, baked in your own oven, ham (Kassie), taco soup (Courtney), and fresh fruit cobblers (Kristin, I won't rat you out!). It really was quite yummy! We took Olan Mills style pictures in front of the 'fire place' and the tree. Notice: I took the pictures with my not-so-professional camera, so please take some pity! Ashley and her secret agent husband escaped my sad lens, but there's always next year! Anyway...enjoy!

Jacob, Kassie, and baby Jacob/Kassie - just posing by the 'fire.' Yes, that is a blinking tie and Christmas tree earrings...on Jacob!

Burt and Courtney - Courtney looks a little like Jennifer Aniston's current GQ cover photo with Burt's tie draped across her!


Jared and Carla - God only knows what I was doing with my face. Good grief.

Chas and Erin - pulling off the pensive Olan Mills moment. If only I knew how to do a double exposure with another picture of them in a faded oval in the bottom corner!

Jared and Kristin - our wonderful hosts for the evening and resident newly weds among us all...lovingly staring off at the ceiling! Jared pulled off the Feliz Navidad portion of our sweater party!
Courtney learned out to play, or rock out, on Guitar Hero!
A bit more intense!

We all agreed that Chas bore a striking resemblance to a homeless man, especially before he took off the hat! So, this is scary homeless man with Sassy. What a pair!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Haha I love these pictures.

I miss you guys so much! I hope yall are enjoying the break now!

Also, I wish i could say i took that picture while skiing but we were actually driving down the ski run road. It was beautiful to say the least.

Erin said...

wow. that's all I can say! :)