Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Hardy Holidays!

Well, we finally decided that it was Christmas time at the Hardy Hacienda this week. We have all been battling sickness of various forms, so getting inspired and motivated to get it all out and up was a challenge! But...we did it! At least as much as is going to be done this year! We are a bit on the tired and exhausted side these days. Jakob is going to make Christmas more fun than ever this year. He LOVES Christmas lights and is delighted at every sign of Christmas. He argued with me tonight at bedtime that Jesus was only a baby, not a man. He may have a hard time at Easter! Anyway...thought you would enjoy the pictures of the week. Hope you are enjoying the season!

Jakob hanging the first ornament on the tree. Its a picture of him at his first Christmas.
It took a lot of thought, and eventually, momma hung it for him...under his supervision, of course!
Then, he ate his first candy cane. It was a big hit...especially after he realized that you could suck on it to a point and create a sword! Fabulous.
That is a candy-coated cheese face!
The finished product...yee haw!
That's right, you're gonna get it at every angle!
Fireplace mantle. Okay, I'll stop labeling...you know what this is!


The candy trees

Well...here's to doubting that I will have my home clean and tidy enough over the holiday season to have anyone but immediate family over! So, consider this your inside scoop of the Hardy Holidays...just imagine that its all clean and organized. That's what I do everyday...just close your eyes and dream! Alrighty...

2 comments:

Damon and Erin said...

Beautiful!! I should have you come decorate my house at Christmas too!

The Nolands said...

Absolutely Beautiful!!! I wish I had time to decorate cause MacKenna makes me feel bad ever time she says..."Momma I love Christmas!!" We don't even have a tree up!