Thursday, December 18, 2008

I'm baaaaack!

Whew. That was awful. While Jakob is still on the sickly side, I am feeling like a new woman right now! Woo Hoo! I should be doing the mountains of laundry that have stacked up over my illness, or addressing Christmas cards, or wrapping presents (nothing is done...nothing.), or figuring out what to buy people for their Christmas gifts. Hmmm. I may be back, but I'm behind! I have a TON to say since I've been out of the loop, so I may post many times today! Check back if you really have nothing else to do! Yesterday, I had a doctor's appointment in the morning and Jakob had one in the afternoon. Jared and I have been praying about and thinking about leaving Jakob's pediatrician for several months now. Nothing really bad happened, she is a great doctor, but there just was really no connection between us...something I didn't realize I needed badly. So, when he got so sick, we knew that we needed to take the leap. In a true God-sized fashion, He began to work His plan out! At our church, there is a precious woman, Elizabeth, who just finished her medical "stuff" (I don't know the correct terminology!) and opened her practice. So, I knew that Elizabeth was wonderful with everyone at church, but I had no idea what I was getting myself into. Jakob was cranky with a capital C and not in the mood to be anywhere but in bed. I was quite worried about how this would go. Would Liz even let us come back?! To my glorious surprise, she treated Jakob as he has never been treated before. I didn't know what to do! She talked to him and only him for probably the first five minutes, at least. They talked about Frenship football, Veggie Tales, Christmas, and who knows what else. By the time she finished, he was even answering her questions and exaggerating on them just a bit! To some of you, that may sound totally normal with your doctor, but it just hadn't been our experience. When Liz brought out the instruments, she was SO wonderful to help Jakob feel more comfortable with them before she just lunged at him with a stethoscope. At the end, she gave him Veggie Tales stickers stuck to either side of a tongue depressor made into a fan of sorts. He slept with it last night and is playing with it right now. He talked about Dr. "Wiz" all afternoon. I really cried, Liz, when we got to the car because I just felt so relieved, so cared for. Thank you, Dr. Goldwater! You are the GREATEST!!!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

yes, we should totally switch docs too. anna calls Elisabeth, "Wiz-beff" too! HA!

Erin said...

AWWW. I seriously teared up reading this. Wiz is the best! We're so lucky to have her! Glad you feel better.