Saturday, August 2, 2008

Penny for your thoughts?!

Okay...so Jakob is getting his two-year molars right now, and subsequently, EVERYTHING is going into his mouth. Its like we've digressed about one year! Drool, crankiness, awful diapers, the whole nine yards. Okay, so lately Jakob has been putting coins that he finds in the couch, on the counter, in the coin jar in our room, (now put up much higher) or on the ground into his mouth. We put them in a fish-shaped coin bank when we find him with them and give the verbal, "Jakob, its dangerous and can hurt you. No coins in your mouth!" Well, as I am packing just now, Jakob comes in with three pennies in his mouth! No telling which couch he dug under! So, I had had it! I took the pennies...not to the fish bank...and I swatted his leg. (Don't turn me in...its Biblical!) As I was trying to explain to him ONE MORE TIME why that was dangerous and that he would be receiving a spanking every time he put a coin into his mouth from now on, he looked me dead in they eyes and said, "Tank you, mommy." I could have laughed, cried, spanked him again, and melted all at once! Then, I found him with a penny in his ear...good grief!

Don't judge me for the M&Ms scattered about his mouth...its been a daddy and bubba in charge kind of day! Here's to packing and leaving my son in the care of my mom for an entire week! Oh, yes, I'll be there...I just won't be in charge!!!

4 comments:

Whitney said...

Ohhh carla. You definitely have your hands full with this little one don't you? =]
I love getting on here to read about his little antics....God bless you!!! haha!

Mandy said...

Just to let you know, it really does not get any easier as they get older. Just more expensive. For instance, Max stuck a light bright peg in his nose that he had to go to the doctors office to get out. He was five!!

Becky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Becky said...

I am laughing out loud! I was the lucky one who got to take Max to the doc to have the light bright removed from his nose. When I reminded him never to do that again, he replied, "I'm just gonna stick things in my ear." :D