Monday, August 25, 2008

Not ready at all!

Well, school starts tomorrow. Can't you hear the excitement in my voice. I think the problem is that I have been teaching lessons all summer, and I am not quite ready to relinquish my husband to our world of musical-chairs. Anyway, I knew that I was WAY behind on blogging when I had students asking when my next blog was coming...so, Barclay...this one's for you! I have no pictures because I have no camera. I left my battery charger at my parents' house, and thus, my camera is dead, dead, dead. I have so many great ones to post when it comes back to life, but here's a preview. Last weekend, Jared and I laid new floors through our living room, kitchen, dining room, and hallway with the help of two incredibly self-less high school boys. I always claim to have the greatest students in the world, but Bryce and Barclay prove it on most days! It was a TON of work, but so worth it! I cannot wait to have batteries to show you the pictures. We are so proud of them. I don't think I have ever swept my floors this much...like ever in my whole life, all added up! They are fantastic! After a week of LONG sectionals everyday this past week, my weekend topped off with a fun-filled morning of garage sale-ing with three of my students. Molly, the twins, and me set off to find our treasures on Saturday morning. I haven't laughed so hard in quite a while. I am truly so blessed to have all of my students in my life. You know, I hope and pray, honestly, that God, my Father, shows me more and more ways to ooze His love into their lives. I know that the times my students want to 'hang' with me is fleeting. I pray it carries more eternal value than a mountain scened pocket watch! Although, it was a really great find, guys! Geez...after all that, maybe I am ready for tomorrow!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you carla you are such a great person and I am glad I got the privalige to know you!
P.S. Respect the monkey! :P