Wednesday, October 7, 2009

3 Months & Bedtime Stories

My sweet Lily Hope is three months old today. I am not as sad & sappy as I anticipated! She is coming into her own, sweet personality, & this time around I know the real fun is about to begin! Seriously (my friends will attest to this) she is the most easy-going baby EVER! She sleeps or plays during lessons, church, meetings, choir, small group...you name it! It is like she knows when it is time to just chill. She is MUCH more smiley than Jakob was at this age. He was dramatic from the very beginning! She loves to stand up while holding someone's fingers, coos back at you as though she's in a full on conversation, lights up when she hears Jakob or Daddy enter a room, and reserves her biggest smiles & sweetest moments for her momma. We have a very special knit to one another already, & I love it. In spite of our crazier than normal life these last few weeks, Lily has flourished...we are SO blessed & happy!


Jakob is as hilarious as ever...popping out one-liners more quickly than I can write them down! Last night at bedtime he decided he would tell Lily the story of Spiderman. Here was his intro: Lily...you're my original Lily. God made you that way. Just like God made Spiderman original. He lives in Lubbock, you know.

3 comments:

Damon and Erin said...

Oh, your precious kiddos...I love them so much (almost as much as I love their momma)I need a Carla hug soon and a snuggle with precious Lily. Praying for you this weekend. Love you...

Unknown said...

I can't believe she's three months old! And that Jakob is going to be a writer!

The Barnes Bunch said...

Jakob is a riot!! LOL! Lily is beautiful and so sweet. I wish she were in my nursery!